Summer is almost upon us, (though it feels like it's mid-August here in Los Angeles) so I think we should start looking like summer is here! Bronzing oils are the way to go! They are light, even on your skin, and don't make you look 10 shades darker from your natural color.
Here are 6 different oils to give you that summer glow all year round!:
1. The Body Shop - Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil - The honey that serves as the main ingredient in this golden elixir is harvested in the forests of northwest Zambia through the company’s Community Trade program. Needless to say, it’ll make you glow from the inside out. Bonus: The oil smells amazing and dries on contact. $14
2. Sephora Illuminating Bronzing Oil - This spray on, lightly-tinted bronzing oil adds a glistening sunkissed effect to the body and hair. Formulated with grapeseed oil and shimmery metallic flecks, it instantly illuminates skin with an irresistibly golden glow. (Currently on SALE Reg$14.) $7
3.MAC To the Beach Body Oil - Man Rays, a shimmering body oil formulated to bring a sheer sheen and sexy gleam to skin. Soothing, naturally emollient. Its fusion of three botanical oils helps soften, smooth and moisturize skin. $22.50
4. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi Usage Shimmer - Formulated with a blend of precious oils and vitamin E, Multi-Usage Dry Oil nourishes and soothes the face, body and hair, leaving every inch feeling silky smooth and soft with a sexy golden shimmer. This dazzling dry oil is rapidly absorbed into the skin giving the skin a subtle glow ideal for a night out on the town. It can be used all year round to combat environmental dryness, and is especially beneficial after sunbathing. (Reg $58, but found on Amazon cheaper ;)) $32.39
5. NARS Body Glow - NARS Body Glow is something of a cult classic. This new version retains the same exotic, Tahitian monoi oil scent and moisturizing benefits as the original, while laying down a heftier dose of sheer color. $58
6. MAC To the Beach Body Oil - Seaside, a kind of golden, sexy alchemy we're all drawn to. This collection encapsulates it with the most soothing, sultry shades of summertime. A safe way to bronze, beautify, and get colour that looks sun-kissed. $22.50
HOW TO APPLY: First MAKE SURE THE CAP IS ON TIGHT, then shake the bottle! (I made this mistake on NYE a few years back. Got the oil ALL OVER myself, NYE dress included, and ALL OVER my friends room! Was not fun cleaning that up! Plus I had to change my dress and the oil never came out! Total bummer!!) Pour a small amount in the palm of your hand and mix with the other hand. Apply to desired areas and repeat steps above if you want to use more. I love to put it on legs, when wearing shorts/skirt/dress, on my collar bone and as an illuminator on my face!