July 4th is almost here!! Let’s celebrate America’s independence and our long weekend with healthy patriotic dishes!
Let's bring out the red and blue with colorful berries!!!!
Here are a few of my favorite healthy recipes:
Fresh Fruit Pizza
Easy 3 Step Fruit Popsicles
4. EAT!!! Yummy!!!!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
*2 cups cooked quinoa
*1 peeled and chopped mango
*1 cup strawberries quartered
*1/2 cup blueberries
*2 tablespoons of pine nuts
*Chopped mint for garnish
For the lemon vinaigrette:
*1/4 cup olive oil
*1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
*Zest and juice of 1 lemon
*1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, mango, strawberries, blueberries and pine nuts.
2. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest and juice, and sugar in a small bow. Toss into the salad.
3. Garnish with mint leaves and serve!!
...and we can't forget about desert! ;)
Red, White & Blue Jello Shots
(for those 21+)
*1 6-oz package strawberry Jell-O
*1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
*2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
*1 6-oz package berry blue Jell-O
*Red, white and blue sprinkles
1. Combine strawberry Jell-O and 2.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir. Add 1.5 cups blueberry vodka. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses 1/3 of the way. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes.
2. Combine 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin and 1.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Mix in sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses 2/3 of the way. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes.
3. Combine berry blue Jell-O and 2.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir. Add 1.5 cups blueberry vodka. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses to the top. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes.
4. Top Jello-O shots with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
Pop out the sparklers, toss out the frisbees, and enjoy lounging on the grass, or by the pool, as you dig into these colorful and fun dished. Nothing says patriotic like red, white, and blue!
Enjoy!!! Have a safe and healthy 4th of July!!!!