Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DIY Painted Animal Jars




I was surfing on Pinterest one day looking for party favor ideas for my guests at my baby shower and came across mason jars with tiny animal glued on the lids. Since I was doing a safari theme, I thought they were absolutely perfect!!



Tools:




-Mason Jars (I used the 4oz size.)

-Spray Paint in Green, Pistachio & Copper




Step 1: Super glue lids together.


Make sure to hold down firmly for about 10 seconds. Otherwise, when you're gluing the animal to the lid, the lid will come apart.


Step 2: Select animals. (I used all expect the ostrich and elk.)


Step 3: Glue animal onto top of lid.
 (I found it easier to use two hands, but because I was alone while crafting, I had to use one lol.)



Step 4: USE PRIMER! When you've finished with the desired amount (I made 70!), begin the spraying process. 





I tried one with our primer first, and it began to bubble a little on the back of the plastic animal...then I primed them all before using the colors. 



 Step 5: Spray paint with colors! Make sure to do one thin layer at a time because the paint will run.


Step 6: Let dry and add jelly beans!! How cute did they turn out?! I was very happy!!






Here are the final products at my baby shower! (Baby Shower post coming soon!!)







Hope you have as much fun making these as I did!







No comments:

Post a Comment