Friday, August 22, 2014

The 411 on Dry Brushing



Every woman wants smooth, silky skin and here's an easy way to achieve that with DRY BRUSHING. What is dry brushing you ask? Well, it's literally taking a natural bristled brush, not to be confused with a good ol' hair brush, and gently rubbing it on your skin in short, quick strokes. YES it's that simple! 


SO here are the amazing benefits of DBing...



1. Gets rid of dead skin cells.

2. Increases circulation.

3. Helps the lymphatic system work better.

(In your body, your lymphatic system is the system responsible for eliminating cellular waste products. Hundreds of miles of lymphatic tubules allow waste to be collected from your tissues and transported to your blood for elimination, a process referred to as lymphatic drainage.
When your lymphatic system is not working properly, waste and toxins can build up and make you sick. Lymphatic congestion is a major factor leading to inflammation and disease. By stimulating your lymphatic system and helping it release toxins, dry skin brushing is a powerful detoxification aid. Source.)


4. Decreases bloating.

5. Reduces cellulite. 

6. Improves digestion and kidney function.

7. Relieves stress.

8. Helps to tighten skin.

9. Helps your skin to absorb nutrients by unclogging pores.

10. Helps with muscle tone.


Here's how I dry brush:

Before I get in the shower, I grab my natural bristled brush and pour a quarter size amount of vitamin E oil* and/or grapeseed oil* directly on my brush. (Kinda defeats the name of DRY brushing when using a liquid, but it's all the same.) I like to use oils because the bristles can be a little rough on my skin, and the oils help to soften up the bristles. (*Grapeseed oil helps to tighten skin and aids in anti-aging. *Vitamin E oil is a great antioxidant and promotes healing!)

I start with my right foot and move up my leg, then go to my left, always moving in a circular motion towards the heart. (Always brush towards your heart because it's best for circulation and your lymphatic system.)

I then work my way up to my bum, lower back, stomach, arms, chest and upper back. I don't brush my face as I will exfoliate once I'm in the shower. 

It's that simple!!!

Then I hop in the shower! My skin feels silky and smooth like a baby's bum!

Typically it will take me 5-10 minutes to do my entire body. I do tend to emphasis more on my thighs, bum and hips, where cellulite and stretch marks are more predominate. 

Here is the brush I use: Hydrea London Dry Skin Body Brush, $12

Here are a few others: 





Go out and get your Dry Brush on!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment